I think one of the hardest things about the arctic weather is that we have limited ourselves to staying indoors. We usually go to the Art Crawl, which is Nashville's once a month art gallery opening night, even if we only make it to our favorite gallery. We weren't too tired last night. We just didn't want to brave weather predicted to drop into single digits.

We have been cooking nice meals, watching movies, reading and spending time on the computer. I've also been working, but it's not an exciting job. I feel like my life is on hold.

Supposed to get some snow tomorrow afternoon and evening, but I hope they are wrong. The thaw is coming, and I welcome it with open, sweater-clad arms.

At least the sun was out today. Melted a lot of the ice on our road, and made me feel human.

I went over to the trailer to get something. It was frigid in there, but the patterns on the windows were beautiful, so I shot a picture.

And now, for real hot chocolate lovers, is a recipe for chocolate syrup which contains no high fructose corn syrup. And it's very easy to make.

Chocolate Syrup

1 cup cocoa powder

3/4 cup granulated sugar

3/4 cup light corn syrup

1 cup cold water

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Combine all ingredients, except vanilla extract. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.


Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Refrigerate.


Comments