Bread, cheese and writing

I really needed a day just for me.

Been stressed lately. I'm doing too much and not home enough. I miss it. I like to touch base with my own life now and then.

So today I stayed home. I did laundry and hung it out in the sun. I baked a double sized loaf of tomato basil bread. It rose nicely. I know this sounds stupid, but baked goods can tell when you are stressed. They just don't come out as good.

I tried mowing the lawn in front of the trailer. We don't live in the trailer, but I usually keep the yard nice so it doesn't look like an eyesore. It's mostly storage, although I'd like to use it as a studio some day.
Anyway, the grass was way too tall and the lawn mower got stuck. Not sure how to handle this. I left it sitting under the peach tree.

I made some homemade mozzarella with basil folded into it. It came out good too. It's because I was concentrating on it. You can't get sidetracked and make cheese. It's sort of boring to stand there and stir, but if you try to do something like a tai chi form while working on it, you end up wasting a bunch of ingredients.

I watched the news. I never do that anymore, because my work hours have gotten so weird. I paid the water bill. I did things that I normally cram into my life at a human, easy pace. I read the paper outside in the sunshine. I read the comic section in the hammock.
I finally got to pay attention to my writing. I've edited the first 11 chapters, but I'm not totally satisfied. I've never tried to write suspense before.

I suppose it would get boring if I did this all the time, but I think I could stay home for a week and never run out of things to do.

Comments