a link and dinner

I'm not going to go on and on about the flood, but I really liked this video. It's not entirely honest. There was some looting of flooded houses and businesses, but not on the scale of some other disasters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFjaQoOdJvI

We had planned to eat at the Tin Angel for our 25th anniversary, which was Monday. Unfortunately, everything was closed. Instead, we ate food cooked on the grill and used paper plates. Places are open again, and are making do with the water conservation measures. We went out tonight. There are still touches of the flood, mostly in the crazy traffic (some roads are still closed off, so the others are really full), and vast areas are still under water. Also, one of the two water treatment plants got flooded, so there is an extreme water shortage. Restaurants are using paper. The entrees came on real plates, but the appetizers and bread did not, and cold drinks were served in disposable plastic, but my whiskey sour came in a glass.

The food was very good, and the atmosphere was busy and pleasant. The night manager was glad to see us, and I guess she remembered that I had a big anniversary coming up when I stopped working there, because the restaurant picked up the tab. I was not expecting that. It was a nice gift.

Comments