Chillin' with my folks

I'm not doing anything exotic, although we are going to a French restaurant tonight. The nice this about visiting here is just visiting. My brother dropped by for dinner last night, and we will see his family sometime this weekend.

I know I've mentioned that I've never had an office job before, and I felt like I was getting out of shape. In fact, I weigh less than when I started there, because I lost muscle. Easy to do after 50. So I went running in the little neighborhood park, then went with my mother to the fitness room near the neighborhood pool. I found most of the machines to be needlessly complicated. I finally ended up using an elliptical trainer, but never could reset my weight on it. If it wants to think I'm 150 pounds, so be it. I weigh far less than that, because I'm a small person.
And I set it on Manual. Exercising shouldn't be incomprehensible.

We went swimming in the afternoon, because it is cloudy. My parents both avoid the sun.

Anyway, it's a low key visit. Good food, wine and family, and I'm sneaking in a bit of rewriting time without being rude.

Comments