Starting over

I decided to start my nano over again. It's not easy throwing out a whole novel, but it's for the best. I've been needing to do it for a while, but I kept trying to fix it instead. The problem is that I originally started it in 2008, and then picked it up a year later. My writing changed, but I didn't want to throw out what I had written, so I worked around it. And the new writing itself is tight, which is making it harder to ditch.

But there are problems with the layout and the plot, which I can't resolve if I keep working around what is already there. So for the time being, I'm changing it to first person. I like close third person because it is easier to build up tension, but this will stop me from cutting and pasting too much. It needs a new start.

We'll see how it goes. I like the premise of the story. I'm not sure I have enough skill yet to pull it off, but I really need to quit ditching novels. It's getting to be a bad habit.

Comments