Making a list

I realize that I need a plan. Right now, my mind is in recovery from the stupid pace and general disconnect I had from my life before. Last time I got laid off from a full time job, I cooked my way back to reality, using all my newfound free time to play in the kitchen. Now, I am simply disorganized.

I really need to outline the thriller that I am rewriting. Either that, or stop writing it. I like writing for the sake of doing it. I enjoy playing with words, but if I am going to complete anything, I'm going to have to learn how to plot in advance. I have abandoned too many perfectly good pieces that wandered so far off track that I couldn't get them back to where they needed to be. I have known that I need to do this for a while, but it requires a head space that doesn't fit with a full time job, garden, life, artwork, etc.

And I still don't seem to have time to do it. So beginning today, I am making lists, and outlining is on it. If I don't get to it today, it will be on top of tomorrow's list. Somehow, I will get organized.

Did I mention that my younger daughter is here? If not, well, she is.

Comments