An ending of sorts


I had hoped the Tin Angel job would last longer than the Census, only because I really wanted some time to concentrate on one job, and I like that one better. However, the baker I was covering for is coming back, as the family member she was caring for passed away quickly. Still, I met some good people and also, got my confidence back. Working as a chef of any sort is a trendy field, and it is hard for older worker to overcome the prejudice that we can't be innovative. Instead, I come away with a new dessert in my repertoire, new acquaintances and a nice place to go eat on our anniversary.
My last day there will be Monday, or possibly Wednesday if there is too much to do. The new dessert is a chocolate-cabernet tart, drizzled with a pear-cabernet reduction and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a cabernet-poached pear quarter.

We hired loads of new people at the Census, which has made me one of the knowledgeable, go-to people there. We are trying to make the craziness fun. It's a good crew.

Anyway, there's the new car. Spring has sprung, and I planted part of my garden in advance of the stormy weather we had last night. I suspect it will be a dry summer. I hope not, but I think it will.

Have a nice Sunday.

Comments