Quill and Dagger at the homestead

Until tonite, our writer's group had met only once since the flood.

Most of Nashville's commercial areas have reopened, but the area around Opryland was hit especially hard. We used to meet in the Opry Mills mall, at Barnes and Noble. Parts of the mall took on nine feet of water. Our group has been homeless ever since.

I missed the group, and offered my house. It's not centrally located, and one person didn't come because it would have been a 66 mile round trip, but everyone who came seemed comfortable, and liked the fact that it's so secluded and green out here. We have always met in public places, at least since I've been with the group. It was different, but we had a good time. I really like this group of people.

I do wish I had more time to write. I am working on my paranormal thriller from nano, there's another novel that I gutted and want to rewrite, a novella I want to pick up again and I'd like to write some children's adventure stories about my dog.

Someday.

Comments