foggy mind

It's taken me a while to get my mind together enough to think. This happened last time I got laid off, too. I just needed to learn to slow down. Unfortunately, I've cleared my mind just in time for September.

I'm allergic to September. Literally. Growing up, I was the only person in our family with an air conditioner in my bedroom. It was tiny room, too, but in late summer, I was stuck there. I had my eyes nearly swell shut once, after playing in the park that time of year. The rest of the time, I'm quite healthy. I've never been asthmatic, have no major diseases, but September hits me hard.

I'm taking a Claritin clone, but it's frying my mind.

The day wasn't a total loss. I mowed the rest of the yard and made foccaccia.

Ivy went back to school yesterday. I'll miss her, but she gets bored here. She never lived here full time. We moved after she started college, so it's not like she comes back to see old friends. Mostly, she comes to visit us and unwind. This visit, she spent a lot of time in coffeehouses, studying, then took the GREs before going back. She did well. It was probably a good move, taking it here when she had little else going on.

I've been trying to rewrite my last year's nano. I don't think I'll finish before this one rolls around. I plan to do it this year, but only because it's fun. It makes no sense for me anymore. It was a good way to begin writing after having dropped it for about 25 years, but now, I find that nano generates massive amounts of stuff I can't use. I need to write more thoughtfully. I may try with an outline, a real one, not one that I write after the fact to fit my story.

Just rambling.

Comments