In the kitchen

Making some cool stuff to send to my brother on his birthday. I'm not above experimenting on friends and family. The truffles on the right are dark chocolate-jalapeno, rolled in cocoa powder, sugar and cinnamon. They're subtle. The pepper is an after bite. that's all.

The other truffles are almond flavored, also dark chocolate. The orange slices are candied, then dipped.

I'll come up with a few other things to add. I'm going to get one of those $10 postal service boxes and fill it up.

Our local Kroger way overstocked on Ghiradelli baking chocolate before Christmas. They recently ran a managers special of 12 oz. bags of morsels or baking chips for a dollar each. I bought 11 bags. Mostly bittersweet, but a few semi sweet to go into cookies. Good, premium chocolate.

Snowing like mad. The chef and I switched days off because he needed Tuesday night off this week, so I'm not going anywhere. Kurt has to go in late tonight. I'm hoping it doesn't stick to the roads. It's borderline right now.

Writing a lot, reading a little. Never enough time, Better than being bored.

Comments