How I did on my list

1) I cleaned the heck out of the bathroom. Other than washing the floor mat, it's done and it looks great.

2) The laundry is put away.

3) I got some stuff started in the studio. When I don't get in there often, it's hard to plan projects. I didn't finish anything, but I have an idea of what I need to do next. First thing is to change out my acid solution. Not having running water over there complicates things.

4) Did not mow the yard.

5) The quiche came out good. Had that for dinner with a glass of Pinot Grigio. I used asparagus, mushrooms, onions, sundried tomatoes, garlic and pesto. I even shot pictures. I guess they aren't really sundried tomatoes. I did them in a low oven. I usually try to do that in the summer, when Roma tomatoes are plentiful.

6) I only did the base of the coconut bars. I had the food processor out on the counter to do the pie crust anyway. I can do the filling tomorrow.

7) I picked the turnips, but didn't do anything with them. They're in a bag in the refrigerator.

8) I began looking over the short story. I wrote it in 2009. Enough time has passed that I can read it fresh and see some of the problems. It's an oddball story, set up like a typical country song. It's one that I put on Zoetrope for comment. One person loved it. Nobody else got it. But it did win an "I hate you," which is the highest praise given in Quill and Dagger, our writer's group.

9) I'll call my parents in a bit.

10) And yes, I did get dressed.

Comments