The first

Pretty cool, huh?
We moved their coop today. We do it every few weeks so they have new grass. Keeps it from being muddy and smelly.

My garden is producing lots of tomatoes. Corn should be ready for picking in a day or two. I only planted 2 short rows. I don't have a deep freezer so there's no point in growing more than we're going to eat. Okra's starting too. Got one beautiful bell pepper with no others in sight, and a few cucumbers so far. I'm letting the coriander and the dill go to seed. I like to use them in cooking.
Zucchini is in the bed that was here when we moved in. It's getting eaten alive. The soil is messed up. I suspect it's harboring chemical residues. I think we'll dig it out in the fall and fill it with mushroom compost. Start over organically. The winter squash, which is in a bed we've added, is doing okay.

I do think it would be cool to grow a salad, but I've never lived anywhere that lettuce grew at the same time as tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. Were they not eaten before refrigerated train cars?

Comments