Family ring tones?

I lost my phone in November.

At first, I thought I was getting it back. I had left a message with my husband's phone number, to call if it turned up. This was no easy feat. I lost it on Legislative Plaza during a statewide Occupy weekend. The place is huge, there were people from all over the state plus any number of people on the Plaza that had nothing to do with Occupy. It's a public place, popular on weekends with skateboarders.

In a leaderless movement, finding someone to leave a number with was no easy task, but I did. Shortly after I got home, a woman called, saying she had found my phone. We arranged to meet the next day.

I drove back into Nashville, waited around for about half an hour for her to arrive and hand me a phone that wasn't mine. Okay, not what we either of us expected. I don't know if she ever found the owner of that phone. I never found mine.

I activated an old phone, which gave me back my doorbell text alert. I'd always liked it. It wasn't an option on the phone I lost. But I missed having a keyboard for texting. Ivy had a phone like my lost one that she wasn't using, so I asked her to bring it with her when she came south for Christmas.

Kendra was visiting when I heard a doorbell. "I have a text," I said, wondering where my phone was. I thought I'd left it in the bedroom, but this sounded close.

"No, I do," she said, picking up her phone.

When we went to NC, I activated Ivy's old phone, which was the same model as my lost one but with all her settings. The first call I got was from her. Her old ringtone was same one I had set. And the text alert? Yup.

Do ring tones run in families?

Comments